Antaeus Labs Modular Series βAIBA is a dietary supplement containing β-aminoisobutyric acid.
Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, or BAIBA for short.
When you exercise, benefits of that
exercise are seen in many different organs of the body, not just the
muscles that were exercised. These metabolic benefits are the result of
"messenger" molecules that are released into the blood stream and travel
to other tissues where the benefits of exercise are realised. One such
messenger molecule, or "myokine", is understood to be the amino acid
BAIBA is an amino acid that your body produces in response to
exercise. After being released into the blood stream, it starts a
thermogenic program in fat tissue, raising energy expenditure and
reducing weight gain when tested in mice. When mouse or human white fat
cells are exposed to BAIBA, some of them become fat-burning "beige" fat
cells. Beige (or BRITE) fat cells contain the protein UCP-1 - also known
as "thermogenin" because it burns triglycerides to produce heat.
- BAIBA is produced naturally by the
human body – it’s formed from the catabolism of thymine  and is
also product of exercise-induced PGC1a-mediated amino acid breakdown.
- BAIBA increases the utilization of free fatty acids and decreases fat mass in mice. 
- BAIBA stimulates the differentiation of white fat
cells into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells in both in vivo animal
experiments and in vitro human stem cell studies. 
Antaeus Labs Modular Series βAIBA contains just the
amino acid BAIBA, in powder form for easy dosing. It's tasteless and
odorless, and mixes well with a soft drink or protein shake. It is
suitable for both men and women.
Studies suggest BAIBA may:
- Increase lipolysis and the beta-oxidation of fatty acids (“fat burning”)
- Increase body temperature and energy expenditure
- Increase ketogenesis (the production of ketone bodies in the liver)
βAIBA is suited for use by:
- those trying to lose weight, in combination with a healthy diet and exercise regime
- those trying to reap the maximal metabolic benefits from their exercise regime
- those who may be temporarily unable to exercise through injury or illness
βAIBA stacks well with: Antaeus Labs LipoMorph
1. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid, a New Probe
for the Metabolism of DNA and RNA in Normal and Tumorous Tissue. Cancer
Res 34, 1381–1384.
2. The excretion of beta-aminoisobutyric acid following
thymine and dihydrothymine administration to man. Aust J Exp Biol Med
Sci 39, 423–427.
3. PGC-1α-Mediated Branched-Chain Amino Acid Metabolism in the Skeletal Muscle. PLoS ONE 9, e91006.
4. Effects of zidovudine, stavudine and
beta-aminoisobutyric acid on lipid homeostasis in mice: possible role in
human fat wasting. Antivir. Ther. (Lond.) 9, 801–810.
5. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat
and Hepatic β-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic
Risk Factors. Cell Metabolism 19, 96–108.
6. Come on BAIBA Light My Fire. Cell Metabolism 19, 1–2.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.